||240 VAC Catalog Number
||480 VAC Catalog Number
All units are UL and cUL recognized
5-YEAR WARRANTY on the Capacitor Cells
The OF Series design of power factor correction capacitors are suitable for oil field pump motors or any outdoor pumping application. They are designed for outdoor installation, and they can be pole or wall mounted.
The fixed capacitor banks are designed for low voltage linear applications and incorporate high quality single phase cells which are wired in a three phase Delta configuration. The capacitors are housed in a NEMA 3R enclosure panel. The enclosure is manufactured from 16 gauge steel and is furnished with mounting holes for quick and easy installation. The OF Series capacitor banks will come equipped with a terminal block or on smaller KVAR designs a 4 foot, 4 wire flexible cable conductor for easy installation – PLEASE ADVISE FACTORY WHEN ORDERING.
Capacitor Cell Design
- Internal Pressure Interrupter meets UL 810 requirements. Discharge voltage is less than 50 volts in less than 1 minute after the cell has electrically been removed from circuit.
- Environmentally safe epoxidized soybean-oil dielectric fluid. Soybean-oil is environmentally compatible and biodegradable.
The capacitor design has a total loss which is as low as 2 Watts per kVAR.
- Capacitance Tolerance is + or – 15%.
- Overcurrent Tolerance is 135% of rated current continuously.
- Overvoltage Tolerance is 110% of rated voltage
- Standard Operating Temperature
- -40 F to +115 F. Operation above 115 F will shorten the capacitor life.
Wiring Cable Insulation
All internal conductors are insulated stranded copper wire rated at 90 C.
Fuse Protection & Indicator Lights (Optional – Add Suffix Letter “L” to Catalog Number)
The internal protection fuses are time-delay and rated at 600 VAC with the sizing based upon the nominal amperage rating of the kVAR size in accordance with the National Electric Code requirements.
5-YEAR WARRANTY on the capacitor cells
- For single phase applications change Prefix Number from 3 to 1 on the Catalog Number.
- For 208 VAC applications divide kVAR size by .75 to find equivalent in 240 VAC rated size.